Northern Maine Community College
Presque Isle, Maine
Nursing Application Process for Academic Year
Candidate reviews all program requirements including physical demands of the profession and affirms individual abilities. Apply for program admission after September 1, 2013. Submit application fee along with all required documentation
- High School transcript or GED
- 2 Reference forms – (desired: professor or academic; health care provider; or work supervisor. No relatives please.)
- Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended Accuplacer™ - 50% or higher on all four sub-sections: Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra. As with any test, we encourage candidates to diligently prepare for this academic skill assessment. (Candidates with current SAT® Reading, Math or Writing scores above 430 will not be required to take the comparable section of the Accuplacer.)
- NOTE: Candidates who fail to meet the standard on any or all sub-sections will be deferred.
- Candidates who meet or exceed the Accuplacer standards proceed to the next steps in the admission process: TEAS testing, interview (if required), and admission decision.
TEAS™ - Test of Essential Academic Skills - NMCC Administration dates:
Test Date - November 20, 2013; 1 – 5 PM - Registration deadline date: November 18, 2013
Test Date - December 18, 2013; 1 – 5 PM - Registration deadline date: December 16, 2013
Test Date - January 8, 2014
; 1 – 5 PM - Registration deadline date: January 6, 2014.
Test Date - February 5, 2014; 1 – 5 PM - Registration deadline date: February 3, 2014.
- Candidates must register for this test administration at: www.atitesting.com .
- Cost: $50 per administration. ATI accepts credit and debit cards.
- Registration for any TEAS administration closes 48 hours prior to the test. Register early, space is limited. Refunds are not made for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours before the test.
- Be sure to indicate Northern Maine Community College is to receive your scores.
- Candidates must bring a photo id and their ATI Paper/Pencil ID – candidates without this information will not be admitted into the test session. Late admission into the test session is not permitted; please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled test administration time.
- Note: Pre-test study manuals are available on-line from ATI. A limited number of these manuals are available on closed reserve in the College library. A wide variety of other no cost study materials/guides are also available on-line. All students are strongly encouraged to prepare for the test prior to taking it.
- Supplemental Questions – Candidates who meet the Accuplacer™ standards are required to submit written answers to a series of questions developed by the Nursing Department Faculty.
- Nursing admission committee reviews all eligible candidates and forwards recommendations to the College Admissions Director.
- Candidates selected for admission must provide all required documentation and deposits by the date stated in pre-admission letter or acceptance into the program will be revoked.
o Medical compliance, immunizations,
health physicals/inventory, etc.
o Background checks
o Classroom deposits
o Offer of Acceptance