Applications for Nursing received after March 15, 2014 will only be considered for Stand-by for the Fall 2014 Cohort
Nursing Application Process for Academic Year 2015-16
• Candidate reviews all program requirements including physical demands of the profession and affirms individual abilities.
• Apply for program admission after September 1, 2014.
• Submit application and application fee along with all required documentation
o Official high school transcript or GED (Must have completed at least a high school level Biology and Chemistry with labs within the past 10 years; must also have had at least one year of algebra)
o Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
• Accuplacer™ - score 50% or higher on all four sub-sections: Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic and Elementary Algebra.
As with any test, we encourage candidates to diligently prepare for this academic skill assessment.
o NOTE: Candidates who fail to meet the standard on any or all sub-sections will be deferred.
• 2 Reference forms – (desired references include professor or academic professional, health care provider, or work supervisor. No relatives please.)
• Supplemental Questions – Candidates who meet the Accuplacer standards are required to submit written answers to a series of question developed by the Nursing Department Faculty.
Candidates who meet or exceed the Accuplacer standards (50th percentile) proceed to the next steps in the admission process: TEAS testing, interview (if required), and admission decision.
PLEASE NOTE: Application, application fee, HS/GED/college transcripts, reference letters, and supplemental questions should all be submitted to the Admissions Office by your TEAS test date.
To check the status of your application online, log into the NMCC portal at www.nmcc.edu. Click on the Admissions tab and on the left side under "Admissions", click (>) on Applicant Status > Folder Items > View Folder Items. If you have the listing, "Interview", under "Requirements Not Yet Met", please disregard that requirement. If you have any other listing under "Requirements Not Yet Met", you should submit those documents immediately in order to complete your file. You must have a complete file for consideration. This is your responsibility.
• TEAS™ - Test of Essential Academic Skills - NMCC Administration (test dates to be announced)
- Candidates who qualify will be notified and must register for this test at www.atitesting.com. Cost: $50 per administration (cost subject to change). ATI accepts credit and debit cards.
- Registration for any TEAS administration closes 48 hours prior to the test. Register early, space is limited. Refunds are not made for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours before the test.
- Be sure to indicate Northern Maine Community College to receive your scores.
- Candidates must bring a photo id and their ATI Paper/Pencil ID – candidates without this information will not be admitted into the test session. Late admission into the test session is not permitted; please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled test administration time.
o Note: Pre-test study manuals are available on-line from ATI. A limited number of these manuals are available on closed reserve in the College library. A wide variety of other no cost study materials/guides are also available on-line. All students are strongly encouraged to prepare for the test prior to taking it.
• The Nursing Admission Committee reviews all eligible candidates and forwards recommendations to the NMCC Director of Admissions.
• Candidates selected for admission must provide all required documentation and deposits by the date stated in pre-admission letter or admission will be revoked.
o Medical compliance, immunizations, health physicals/inventory
o Background checks
o Classroom deposits
o Offer of Acceptance
o American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification