NMCC is situated in the heart of Aroostook County in Presque Isle, Maine. We are a unique campus of small, close groups located in the heart of a wonderful college town. At NMCC, students can enjoy the individual attention and close friendships of a REAL college experience.
You will find NMCC's student life, campus, academic programs, and faculty are among the best. We are proud to offer students an engaged and active resident population. Our students enjoy the life of a small, close-knit campus: student organizations, community service projects, sports, and recreational travel in both the United States and Canada.
A variety of campus housing options are available for students, including a traditional co-ed residence hall, apartments, and suite-style residences. Our recently renovated dining facility features an open buffet and is open to both resident and commuting students as well as the general public.
NMCC offers a comprehensive Residential Life program that includes a variety of living options, 24/7 security coverage, 24/7 live-in Residential Life staff, laundry facilities, cable television, WiFi, on-campus dining, and a brand new wellness center.
What are my housing options?
- Traditional Housing: Furnished single-occupancy rooms. Rooms come with a twin-sized bed, desk and chair, and a chest of drawers or armoire. Our traditional residence hall option has common restroom facilities and lounges.
- The “Quads”: As the name implies, quads hold up to four roommates. Each quad has two double-occupancy bedrooms (with two twin-sized beds, desks, chairs, and a built-in closet, each) as well as a furnished living room, a full bathroom, and a kitchen space where students keep their own microwaves and mini-fridges.
- The “Suites”: the most modern living option on campus—the suites hold up to five roommates. Each suite consists of two double-occupancy and one single-occupancy bedrooms (with twin-sized beds, desks, chairs, and a chests of drawers and/or armoires); two half-bathrooms; and a furnished common room.
- Housing on Demand: Only need a room for the night because of bad weather? Maybe you have a late class at night and an early class the following morning? NMCC offers a limited number of traditional residence hall spaces for commuter students who only need to stay overnight occasionally on campus. The cost is $30/night which includes a furnished bedroom (twin-sized bed, desk and chair, and a chest of drawers or armoire), as well as a voucher for one dinner and one breakfast at Reed Commons. It’s a lot more cost-effective than a hotel! This option is ONLY available during the regular academic year to matriculated students.
- FAMILY HOUSING (Anticipated role-out for 2022 fall semester!): Qualifying family members may include: a legal spouse/registered domestic partner, and at least one child (including step) up to 18 years of age, and/ or grandchild up to 18 years of age for whom the student is legally responsible. Designated units cost $750/month. Each unfurnished, two-bedroom unit has one full bathroom and a newly-renovated kitchen. The included utilities are: heat and hot water; cable tv; internet; electricity; water/sewer; and trash removal. Meal plans are not included with the family housing option.
How much does this cost?? We have the most cost-effective room and board rates in the state of Maine! Check out: Cost of Housing