Northern Maine Community College Testing and Certification Center
The NMCC Testing and Certification Center is located inside the Admissions Office in the Christie Building. It is used exclusively for administering computer-based academic, vocational and certification exams. Testing is available by appointment only.
A wide variety of exams are delivered through:
ASE Automotive Exams
To schedule or find out more information, contact:
Heather Libby, Test Center Coordinator at (207) 760-1125 or email@example.com
Important Test Taker Information:
What to Bring:
- Photo ID’s are mandatory for most exams. Secondary signature ID required in some cases. Photo ID’s must be current and not expired.
- Exam Voucher from your test vendor, if applicable.
- Receipt of payment issued by the NMCC Business Office if additional proctor fee is charged for your exam.
What NOT To Bring:
NMCC Testing and Certification Center provides individual lockable lockers to store items during testing. Test takers are responsible for all items left in the lockers during testing. You may want to consider leaving these items at home or in your car because they will NOT be allowed in the testing room.
- Backpacks, hats, coats, gloves, watches, drinks, water bottles, food
- Cell phones, iPads, iPods, tablets, Palm PDA’s, all other electronic devices (all devices MUST be turned OFF when left in the provided lockers)
When to Arrive:
- Test takers should arrive at least 15 – 30 minutes prior to the scheduled test time. You may not be allowed to test if you arrive late.
Special Testing Accommodations:
Any test taker who requires special testing accommodations must schedule all exams a minimum of two (2) days in advance by calling the testing center.
- Once you receive your test, you may not leave the testing center. Some exams allow for a short break, in that event, wait until the proctor allows you leave.
- Only one person may leave the room at a time.
- There is absolutely no talking during exams.
- If there is an issue, please raise your hand until the proctor comes to you.
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the testing room.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.
This program is funded by a $13 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. This program is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action program, adaptive equipment will be provided upon request to individuals with disabilities.