FMI - Maine QuitLink (formerly Maine Tobacco HelpLine) Intensive Behavioral Health Coaching Program
Tailored to meet the needs of tobacco users with a behavioral health condition. The program includes:
- 7 proactive calls from a Quit Coach, unlimited inbound call support.
- Quit Coaches trained in the specific challenges faced by tobacco users with a behavioral health condition.
- 12 weeks of combination nicotine replacement therapy (patch +gum or patch+lozenge) sent directly to the person’s home in three, four week shipments.
- Letter sent to the participant’s provider outlining the importance of supporting the patient in quitting tobacco.
- Ability to opt into standard text, email and web portal services.
Quit Coaches from Maine QuitLink provide evidence-based services using the Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence Clinical Practice Guideline (U.S. Public Health Service, 2008). Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is offered to eligible Maine residents, age 18 or older.