DON"T LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE
Adult learners (born on or before 1/1/1996) may be eligible for a $1500 Maine State grant. Restrictions do apply but to determine your eligibility Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Filed a 2019-2020 FAFSA after May 1 but as soon as possible because funding is limited.
- Date of birth on or before 01/01/1996 (meaning they will turn 24 during academic year 2019-2020)
- EFC is zero (0) on their 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Not a recipient of Maine State Grant within the 3 previous award years
- Meet all other Maine State Grant eligibility criteria.
- A student may receive up to 10 full time semester equivalent of Maine State Grant and Maine State Grant for Adult Learners combined.
- FAFSA filers identified as eligible for this one time grant will receive a letter from FAME.